by Suneeti Rekhari
Christmas Prawn Curry (Or when Prawn Cocktails just won’t do!)
Serves 4 (or 2 v greedy) people
- 20 King Prawns (shelled, veined, cleaned and tails left on)
- 2 Spanish onions (diced)
- 3 tomatoes (chopped finely)
- 1 Tsp tomato paste
- 2 garlic cloves (finely diced)
- 1 green chilli (or more depending on your heat tolerance) sliced lengthways
- Handful of fresh curry leaves
- Lime wedges
- Fresh coriander leaves (chopped finely)
- 2 Tsp oil salt to taste
- 1 Tsp cumin seeds
- 1 Tsp Asafoetida powder (you can omit this if you can’t find it in your grocery store)
- 1 Tsp turmeric powder
- 1 Tsp coriander powder
- 1 Tsp cumin powder
- 1 Tsp chilli powder
Heat oil in frying pan. Add cumin seeds and asafoetida powder, fry until they start to sizzle.
Add onion and salt and fry for 3-4 minutes, till nicely caramelised and brown.
Add the rest of the spice powders and fry for 30 seconds.
Add garlic, tomatoes and tomato paste. Fry for 5 minutes, when the oil starts to separate. Add fresh curry leaves and fry for a minute. The kitchen should be smelling like heaven right about now!
Turn up the heat (in the pan) and add prawns. Stir fry for 2-3 minutes – until the prawns turn pink and juicy. Add green chilli.
Your curry is ready. Serve with a sprinkling of fresh coriander and lime wedges. Enjoy watching it disappear in seconds!
A fresh, exciting, funny, fabulous take on New Adult Paranormal about an enterprising matchmaker…and her paranormal clientele.