by Elsa Winckler
A recipe for what I call the Chicken dish
- 100 mil extra virgin oil
- 150 ml plain white flour
- 60 ml paprika
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 free-range chicken, portioned
- 20 small baby onions, peeled
- 2 green peppers, grilled, peeled and pitted
- 2 gloves garlic, peeled and chopped
- 5 ripe tomatoes peeled and pitted (or canned – not the same, but works if you’re in a hurry)
- 50 ml salted buter
- 20 small fresh mushrooms
- fresh parsley and basmati rice
Heat the oil in a casserole.
Mix flour, paprika and seasoning – cover chicken with mixture. Brown the pieces.
Add baby onions
Cut green peppers in strips and add.
Cut tomatoes in strips – catch all the juices and add.
Add enough water for the dish to simmer.
While the chicken is cooking (should take about an hour), melt butter in a pan, allow it to brown and add mushrooms. Fry until they have caramelised.
When serving, pour mushrooms over dish, add parsley and same with basmati rice.
This recipe concludes our month of delicious treats – we hope that you got a few laughs, some inspiration, and more than a few delicious new treats to try!
Discover beautiful South Africa in this sweet, heart-warming Cinderella story about a blogger, a billionaire, and one chance meeting.