By Elsa Winckler
Caitlin, the heroine of Touched to the Heart, lives and works in Hermanus, South Africa. Don inherited a house from an uncle and he visits Caitlin’s physiotherapy rooms there.
Way back when, Hermanus used to be a small fishing village, but over the last few of decades, it has morphed into a bustling town, bursting at the seams over weekends and holidays.
Fortunately, some things haven’t been changed and when I thought of possible dates Don could take Caitlin on, I came up with these few things I think any heroine would enjoy:
- Take her to see the Old Harbour
- Dating in September? Take her to meet the whales!
- Go for a leisurely lunch to one of the many wine farms in the Hemel and Aarde Valley (Heaven and Earth).
- For the more active date, take her hiking in the Fernkloof Mountains – a magical place
- Take her to watch the waves at Kwaaiwater (angry water), but don’t expect much conversation – the waves are enormous and the sound deafening.
Want to see where Don and Caitlin go? Check out Touched to the Heart, available now!
When it comes to men, if physiotherapist Caitlin Sutherland didn’t have bad luck, she would have no luck at all. To help cope, Caitlin starts blogging in her spare time, about the types of men she meets and the bad dates she goes on.
While on duty during the annual Wines to Whales bicycle race, a gorgeous, sweaty cyclist walks in and sets her hormones dancing. But he is Don Cavallo; one of the four Cavallo brothers — hotel tycoons, famous as much for their business skills as for the number of beauties regularly seen on their arms.
Don Cavallo has his own issues with the other sex. He has yet to find one who is interested in him and not in his money or hotels. But when this sexy physio puts her hands on his back she not only touches his body, but also his heart.
They’ve both been burned before, but neither of them can stop themselves from playing with fire.